Sample cover letter for an office manager
To be considered for top office manager jobs, your cover letter needs to stand out. View this sample cover letter for inspiration.
Searching for an office manager job? This sample office manager cover letter below will help you manage to convince employers of your skills. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a high-impact resume and cover letter that can impress employers.
Additionally you can learn more about business careers and search for office manager jobs on Monster.
1414 Northwest Drive
Sometown, NJ 55555
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Jorge Matthews
ABC123 Retail Company
1414 Park Avenue West
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Mr. Matthews:
As an avid ABC123 Retail Company customer, I was excited to find your advertisement on Monster.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (XYZ Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinate all office functions. My strengths in improving office systems and building a top-performing clerical team have earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer:
- Ten years of experience leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives;
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; scheduling, calendaring and event planning; preparing reports; administering records management systems; and developing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations; and
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organize and manage your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Is your cover letter ready to be seen by hiring managers? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five cover letters and resumes. Recruiters search Monster every day to find outstanding office manager candidates just like you.
Sample resume for an entry-level admin
Even if you’re just starting an administrative career, your resume needs to convey your versatility and proficiency. This sample shows you how.
Entry-Level Admin Resume Sample
Even if you’re just starting an administrative career, your resume needs to convey your versatility and proficiency. View the sample resume below, and download the entry-level admin resume template in Word. For more information and tips to further your administrative career, see all our advice for admin professionals. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Entry-Level Admin Resume Sample
Sometown, NY 55555 | Phone: 917-555-5555
firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Entry-Level Administrative Assistant
Administrative support professional offering versatile office management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expectations. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
ABC school, Sometown, NY
Executive Assistant Certificate, in-progress
Certification: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), MS Office 2013
Office Management | Records Management | Database Administration | Travel Coordination
Spreadsheets/Reports | Event Management | Calendaring | Front-Desk Reception | Executive Support
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project, Publisher | FileMaker Pro | Windows and Mac OS X
ABC school, Sometown, NY · Assistant / Practicum, 2016 to Present
Handle multifaceted clerical tasks (e.g., data entry, filing, records management and billing) as the assistant to the registrar and admissions offices. Coordinate travel arrangements, maintain database and ensure the delivery of premium service to students.
Quickly became a trusted assistant known for “can-do” attitude, flexibility and high-quality work. Highlights:
- Communicated with multiple departments to plan meetings and prepare new student welcome packages.
- Helped coordinate dozens of recruitment events that contributed to high enrollment levels.
- Entrusted to manage office in the supervisor’s absence. Provided timely, courteous and knowledgeable response to information requests; screened and transferred calls; and prepared school correspondence.
- Co-developed 60-page training manual that enabled faster ramp-up for newly hired support staff.
- Created PowerPoint presentation used by Office of Admissions to market executive support programs.
- Earned citations for excellence in areas including work volume, accuracy and quality; ability to learn and master new concepts; positive work ethic; and commitment to providing unsurpassed service.